Sunday, September 4, 2011

Husker Hawker

Eliot started working his first 'real' job yesterday... he is a Hawker at the Husker games. I don't know why they call them Hawkers, but he sells pop up and down the stadium steps at Memorial Stadium. He wouldn't pose for any normal pictures, so this is what you get...




Two of our neighbors families also do it and at the end of last year, they told Eliot to apply and if he got in he could go with them. So, he applied and got in. The week before the game, we practiced making change, calling out choices, and stressed that no matter what happened, as long as he didn't lose his money it would be worth it. When I turned on the TV to watch the game, my stomach started flip-flopping as I saw all 83,884 fans! I started thinking, "what if the pop is too heavy", "what if someone tries to steal his money or rip him off", "what if some drunken idiot trips him", "what if a tornado comes through".... seriously, I needn't have worried. Eliot did great, the fans were awesome, the Huskers won and Eliot is looking forward to going back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment