Monday, August 15, 2011

Even when new beginnings happen, some things stay the same...

Today is the last day of summer vacation. Eliot and Elise start school tomorrow, and Adrienne moves into the dorms on Thursday. As an end of summer treat, I took the kids to Omaha for lunch and shopping. Elise and Eliot wore headphones the whole way there and back, so Adrienne and I had some good conversation time. On the way home we were jamming to tunes and Adrienne picked Bonnie Raitt's "Something To Talk About". As I was grooving with my oldest down I-80, I had a flashback to college when I was pregnant with her and listening to that same tune... and then I remembered when she had colic so bad, but would soften up when I turned it on and danced with her... and now, here we are getting ready to send her off to college and there Bonnie is again... wow... that's a long time for one song to transition through so much life!

(Helpful hint: Let the video buffer halfway before you start it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment