Thursday, June 9, 2011

First of three...

This summer we are redoing the kids rooms and switching the girls around. Since Adrienne will be moving out in August, I thought it only fair that Elise move up to the bigger room. I have been prepping Adrienne for this since January, but as of today, she will still tell you that I kicked her out of her room... technically, there was no kicking... just a little prodding. :)

Adrienne spent last week completely cleaning out her room. She has thrown stuff, given stuff and packed stuff that she wants to keep, but won't take to college. The reason we are doing this now, is because I don't think I'll be able to emotionally keep it together in August. So, on Monday, all three children started helping me paint her new room. (Since I hurt my back and haven't quite recovered, this has been a slower process than planned). When Scott came home from work, he shooed everyone out and finished painting. Really, we could have done it, but he insisted.

Tuesday morning the kids and I got up and they all helped carry Adrienne's stuff from the old room, to the new one. We all, even Adrienne - although she won't admit it, think it turned out classy!



Adrienne has taken up a new hobby. She is painting! I think the pictures on her desk are what she's working on for her dorm room.

On a fun side note, Scott got a haircut... of course, I can't help but noticing it was AFTER all our big events and company in May... sigh... I guess I'm just happy he cut it!

Next up, Elise's new room....pictures to come this weekend... (if my back holds out).

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that you hurt your back! Prayers for a speedy recovery on that - I know how it completely takes you out! =P

    Adrienne's room DOES look classy - I LOVE it! Give's me some inspiration. Being "kicked out" now, and being in a smaller room will give her a chance to get used to living in a smaller space. Jeremy's room in college was no bigger than a closet! (Good thing he had that all to himself!) Can't wait to see pictures of Elise's new room! =)

    ~Jaymie~

    ReplyDelete