Thursday, March 3, 2011

This is the year...

Well, in a few days I will be officially the big 4-0.

I'm not exactly happy about it.

I don't know why.

It's not like when you have a birthday you magically morph into something, or someone, different.

But this birthday feels different than all 39 other ones. Maybe it's due to some of these fun facts:

Elise has told me more than once, "Too bad you're going to be 40 soon- you are so much fun now."
(I'm not sure how to take that.)

After playing cards on the floor with the kids, I struggle to stand as my legs are stiff...
(That just means I need to do some exercise, right?)

I keep finding these "things" on my face...
(How many do I have to pluck before they are all gone?)

I am happily investing $45 a piece at Victoria's Secret.
(A true genius came up with that marketing tool.)

Some have said that entering your forties is the best. They think that life is easier. That you aren't struggling to find yourself because you already know who you are. That you appreciate people more. That you enjoy more. I hope so.

I hope this is a new season, filled with health, filled with love and filled with a renewed lust for just being alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment