How is it possible that I can be cold and bored? Well, I know how it's possible to be cold...it's winter, it's 3 degrees outside, and apparently I don't have enough layers on. People tell me that I would miss the change of seasons if I wasn't able to experience them. Really? I'm pretty sure I could live with 70 degrees year-round. In addition to the cold and me trying to warm up, I am also bored. It's not a nice word. It's not a word I let my children use. But, there it is...that is what I am feeling. At night, I stare at the clock and wait for a decent hour to approach so I can go to bed, go to sleep and start the process all over again. It's the worst after dinner. I don't feel like watching TV, there's nothing to do on the internet, I'm caught up on Bible Study, I don't want to do laundry or clean the basement...I need to find something to do, a hobby, a game, a book. But, none of that sounds better than staring at the clock and waiting for time to pass. Some might say I'm depressed...I don't think that's it. Some say I do too much during the day so I'm tired at night...I don't think that's it either. Some say, (OK my head says), that I'm going to be 40 in a few weeks so that must have something to do with it...but, I'm not sure that's it either. Maybe I just have the winter blahs...whatever it is, I wish I could become bored with it and move on to something else.
Isaiah 40:27-29 Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, “My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God”? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Have you SEEN the forecast for the next 10 days? I think it will make you happy, happy, HAPPY! I can hardly wait. It will be 40 and I will be out in shorts playing with bubbles at the park. Seriously, I can't wait to get out of this cold either.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/68502