This is it- we go to the doctor, the butt doctor, on Thursday hopefully for the last time EVER. Elise will have the VCUG test done at 9:45am. She refers to this test as "the tube" and has cried for 3 days thinking about it. Today was better, though. I told her last night that she is the only who can get on that table and do the test. We can hope that we get the good nurse who only takes a second to put the tube in, but ultimately, she is the one who needs to lay there and tolerate it...and then go to the bathroom laying on the table while everyone watches...not something that any of us would want to do I'm sure. I'll be able to see the test done and I know what to watch for. I'll know immediately if we will celebrate with a party on Thursday night, or if I'll have to keep it together and think of questions to ask the doctor. We see him at 1pm. I have not thought about the answer to "What if it didn't work." I'm not going there. And by the way, we will be having a party Thursday night when she is healed. We are going to celebrate that 5 and a half years of doctor visits, tubes, blood draws, urine bags, x-ray machines, ultrasound machines, dozens of doctors and nurses, a handful of hospitals and clinics and daily doses of the most disgusting medicines you could ever taste will be done forever...and everyone who has prayed for Elise is invited. I'll update to let you know the time and place.
No comments:
Post a Comment