Elise did great the whole day yesterday. When we got to the admitting area our lab times were messed up, but since we brought UNO to play, we didn't notice any problems. Elise had her ultrasound done and then a care nurse came in with a new prop, a doll, and walked Elise through the procedure letting Elise put the band-aids on and tubes in where they needed to go.
When it was time to move to the next room, Elise was scared, but was brave. She let me put her on the table and laid down with no tears. She only cried while they put the tube in and the nurse was awesome- real quick! Then we had to wait for the doctor to start the scan. He took about 15 minutes. I figured out later that he had called for another doc to try to read her previous scan. He wanted to be sure he knew what he was looking for before he started I guess. During this time, Elise started panicking, (she was strapped in and still laying sandwiched between a couple of machines), but we had three wonderful nurses who wanted to know all about her sister and brother and fish! Finally, the doctors came in and started filling her bladder. Elise had actually been waiting for this part and really wanted to see it. They moved the monitor to where she could see it and she immediately calmed down. She watched her "balloon" get bigger and bigger and finally she told the doctor that she couldn't hold it anymore.
As I was watching her bladder empty, I kept waiting for the "shoots" to come...but they never did- I couldn't believe it- I kept waiting for the bad stuff, but there was nothing abnormal about the scan. I asked the doctors, "It's good isn't it?" And they both nodded yes...you know they are not supposed to tell you what the scan shows...Woo hooo!!! Elise had been telling the doctors how we were going to Culver's for dinner, but I told her we would do better than that- we were going to have a party because she was healed!
After she got changed, we thanked all the nurses and she got to pick out her prize- iCarly stuff was in the treasure box :) Then we started calling everyone...daddy, church, grandma and grandpa, grammy, Madeline's mommy, Lilly's mommy,....
We still had an hour and a half to wait to see our doctor so we went and got lunch and then sat by the waterfall and played some more UNO. When we went up to clinic, Elise found a friend to play with and then we got to see Dr. Donovan. We told him we saw it on the scan and asked if it was really true. He said it looked great. There's no leaking anywhere! All she had left to do was to take one more dose of medicine that night and then will have yearly ultrasounds to make sure her kidneys are still functioning properly.
On the ride home, I was planning out where we could get cake and plates and started thinking, "wow I'm tired". But, I'm glad I stuck it out. So many people stopped by to share congrats with Elise and in the middle of the night she woke up and came to my bed. "Thank you for the nice party, mommy." I love you Tootsie! I'm so glad we're finally done with this journey!








When it was time to move to the next room, Elise was scared, but was brave. She let me put her on the table and laid down with no tears. She only cried while they put the tube in and the nurse was awesome- real quick! Then we had to wait for the doctor to start the scan. He took about 15 minutes. I figured out later that he had called for another doc to try to read her previous scan. He wanted to be sure he knew what he was looking for before he started I guess. During this time, Elise started panicking, (she was strapped in and still laying sandwiched between a couple of machines), but we had three wonderful nurses who wanted to know all about her sister and brother and fish! Finally, the doctors came in and started filling her bladder. Elise had actually been waiting for this part and really wanted to see it. They moved the monitor to where she could see it and she immediately calmed down. She watched her "balloon" get bigger and bigger and finally she told the doctor that she couldn't hold it anymore.
As I was watching her bladder empty, I kept waiting for the "shoots" to come...but they never did- I couldn't believe it- I kept waiting for the bad stuff, but there was nothing abnormal about the scan. I asked the doctors, "It's good isn't it?" And they both nodded yes...you know they are not supposed to tell you what the scan shows...Woo hooo!!! Elise had been telling the doctors how we were going to Culver's for dinner, but I told her we would do better than that- we were going to have a party because she was healed!
After she got changed, we thanked all the nurses and she got to pick out her prize- iCarly stuff was in the treasure box :) Then we started calling everyone...daddy, church, grandma and grandpa, grammy, Madeline's mommy, Lilly's mommy,....
We still had an hour and a half to wait to see our doctor so we went and got lunch and then sat by the waterfall and played some more UNO. When we went up to clinic, Elise found a friend to play with and then we got to see Dr. Donovan. We told him we saw it on the scan and asked if it was really true. He said it looked great. There's no leaking anywhere! All she had left to do was to take one more dose of medicine that night and then will have yearly ultrasounds to make sure her kidneys are still functioning properly.
On the ride home, I was planning out where we could get cake and plates and started thinking, "wow I'm tired". But, I'm glad I stuck it out. So many people stopped by to share congrats with Elise and in the middle of the night she woke up and came to my bed. "Thank you for the nice party, mommy." I love you Tootsie! I'm so glad we're finally done with this journey!
No comments:
Post a Comment