Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

What a beautiful day we've been having! When I heard that a blizzard was coming our way, I couldn't fathom not having worship on Christmas Eve. I love every part of worship- from watching the hospitality team go into action, to watching the musicians gear up, to hearing the scripture and the Children's message, to participating in communion, to seeing the sanctuary decorated and of course hearing the sermon. So, when a storm was looming close by, I immediately started thinking of how we could have our own little worship in our living room if we got snowed in. As I was picking out songs to see if Eliot could play them, Scott got his trombone out, and then Elise followed and finally Adrienne was coerced into practicing the songs that we would use for our worship. When it was clear today that we would be able to go to church, I knew Elise would be disappointed if we couldn't do our own worship too. So, I had Eliot drag all the equipment down to the living room and we set up. After lunch, everyone got their church clothes on and we sang and played until we couldn't remember any more songs :)

Then we took pics while we looked decent....
...my 3 beautiful gifts from God...



and Scott had me take some shots for his website...
Then, Adrienne and I were off to church as she was singing at three of the services. Eliot, Elise and Scott joined us for the 2:30 service, but we must have done too much celebrating earlier in the day because Elise did not feel good and about half-way through the service Scott took her home. Eliot and I stayed and helped out around church while we waited for Adrienne to be done with the other two services. Eliot helped in the nursery and then got to shovel snow with the custodians and his friend Alex :) We came home to a roaring fire, ate snacks, decorated Jesus' birthday cake and then the kids opened their presents from each other. Now, Scott and I are enjoying the quiet of the evening with good wine, music and a warm fire.

Merry Christmas, stay warm and safe and remember the true Reason for the season...

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment