me: "Oh loving gracious Father, thank you for sending your calming spirit into our house today. Thank you for helping Eliot make good choices at school and at home. I really like it right here, where my boy can sit at the table with me and hold a conversation. Where we can learn something together and not be frustrated. Please let this continue, soften our hearts. I don't want to prepare for the "other shoe to drop"...I've been noticing that I don't wait for a response. I'm on to the next thought, so I guess I can't really call it a conversation. It's a little too one-sided for that.
me again: "Thank you loving Savior for giving me Adrienne. Let her be strong and courageous, let her make wise choices, help her balance her schedule and not be overwhelmed. Please protect her from the nasty world where evil lurks around every corner and the power of peer persuasion is so strong. Don't let her be taken like the beautiful girl from Yale...don't let her be taken like the 16-year old driver here in Lincoln...protect her every second." Again, I don't wait long enough for an answer. I'm too afraid to hear the answer.
me: "Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of Elise. Without her sense of humor and her lighthearted spirit, our days would be less colorful. Please heal her little body-heal her today. Let her be carefree and happy. Let her sing and dance and tell jokes only she gets until she's old enough to rock in a chair on her porch and watch her grandbabies play in the yard." I don't dwell on the fact that I can't know the answer.
me: "Dear God, thank you for my husband. When everything that was normal to me was disproven, you sent me a gift. When I didn't think I was needed, you placed him in my path. When I didn't have an ounce of energy left to face the world, much less the daily grind, you gave me a reason to get up in the morning. Help me be his gift now."
me: "I love you so much, Abba. Thank you."
No comments:
Post a Comment