Saturday, August 29, 2009

Got me some "Venti Joy" today!

Wow... what a day! It's 8:30pm and I'm trying to decompress from a wild past 24 hours. And when I say wild, I mean Beth Moore wild- only my fellow siesta's will understand that one! Last night and this morning I went to a Living Proof Live Simulcast. My favorite Bible Study author/speaker/encourager was the speaker and she spoke from Green Bay, Wisconsin. It was broadcast live to 516 other sites around the world to reach 90,000 women (and a few brave men). This weekend she taught on Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."
A few of my favorite thoughts from the day are:
-No one can steal my delight;
-God doesn't just tolerate me, he delights in me;
-Roll it over to God, let Him deal with it;
-Shut thee up and listen;
-Receive it before you pass it on;
-Don't sit down and be right, get up and do some good- AMEN!

After the simulcast, I went over to church to set up for an adult handbell workshop that I was leading. We had a great time laughing and learning together and I think that the ladies really learned a few things that will help them improve their technique and their abilities as a choir.

On the drive home, I got an idea. God gave us a glorious fall evening that shouldn't be wasted! After I downed a quick dinner, I packed the kids into the car and we went for a little drive out to Pioneers Park. We made a pit stop at "Dairy Sweet" and then took our treat to the park. Elise played on the playground and then we went for a great hike together. Tonight I ordered a cup of 'Venti Joy' and God delivered!

No comments:

Post a Comment