"He's risen, He's risen, Christ Jesus the Lord;
He opened death's prison the Incarnate Word.
Break forth hosts of heaven in jubiliant song.
And earth sea and mountain the paen prolong."
It's been so long since I've sung traditional hymns that I didn't even know I still knew the words! I had to go look it up to see if I was right. And while I'm looking stuff up, I'm going to have to see what a 'paen prolong' is...
I'm still waiting for Easter, although my longing is different today. I'm ready for the excitement of Easter morning. The special meaning of getting dressed up to celebrate with friends a new season, a new beginning. To celebrate that nothing we do is too horrible to be forgiven. The darkness of Lent can be so long especially when the sun is hidden, we're still having to wear winter jackets and there are daily reminders of the mountain of sin in the world. I'm waiting for the reminder of forgiveness...
..."laud, honor, and praise to the Lamb that was slain,
Who sitteth in glory and ever shall reign!"
No comments:
Post a Comment