So, I asked my dear Pastor Rhonda for some help to get me started. She's so gifted in the areas of spiritual direction and being focused and centered. She was very willing to give me some tips and offered up the suggestion, that since I feel God calling me to journal, that I should try dialoging with Him.
...long pause while you wonder 'do you actually hear his voice'...
I don't know any other way to describe it than it was powerful! I don't even know if I can explain it to you. I wrote and wrote and wrote with my pencil, and when I heard something that I thought was someone else, not my voice, not my words, in essence, God's thoughts, I picked up my pen and wrote. Then I answered with my pencil. After trying for weeks to put a couple of sentences on a page, I now had six pages filled with thoughts and wonders. I've heard many times that you need to be quiet and listen for God, but never fully understood.
Today, I talked with God. Today I listened.
No comments:
Post a Comment