Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday morning

Today is a beautiful monday morning! I love Mondays because it means back to routine. Even though I have a mountain of laundry and dishes that have somehow piled up overnight, the sound of Elise playing in her room, talking to her dolls with all the imagination of a 4 year old is heaven.  Adrienne and Eliot are at school learning more than I could ever teach them. I know they are surrounded by friends and foes, and I'm praying a frequent prayer: "Heavenly Father, wrap them in your loving arms today. Let them feel Your presence...help them to make good choices...keep them safe...pour Your Spirit over them..."

The sun is shining so bright that I couldn't open the dining room blinds. It snowed just enough to make a mess last night and the temps are rising to finally see it melting. I tried to look up a Bible verse about sunbeams, but have not found one yet.  Maybe light would be more fitting. 

Elise said the cutest thing this morning as we were eating breakfast.  I asked her how it was and she swallowed and stated, "It's excellent, mom!" Little did I know that the last of the box of Frosted Flakes could be excellent....

No comments:

Post a Comment